List Of 20 Great Dissertation Topics About Town Planning
Writing a great dissertation about town planning begins with selecting a good topic. Your dissertation should be a unique research project that interests you and adds to the academic discipline in which you specialize. Here are 20 dissertation topics to consider:
- Discuss the major economic factors that determine how modern suburbs are built on the outskirts of urban areas.
- How has town planning changed in the central part of the United States since the early 1900s?
- What planning methods are employed to control population growth in cities bordered by geographical features that make expansion difficult?
- In what ways are third world countries employing first and second world planning schemes to develop towns and stimulate economic growth?
- Which town planning measures have been abandoned as a result of communications technology developed in the last 50 years?
- Discuss the dangers of natural disasters as they pertain to cities developed centuries ago?
- Explain how a high-speed, global transportation network would benefit all countries involved in its development.
- Compare and contrast public transportation systems in two European cities of your choice.
- What are the biggest challenges facing town planning in the second half of the 21st century?
- Are public spaces such as parks in danger because of the need to develop towards increasing population, resident and commercial spaces?
- How important is the need for cities to connect with other urban areas through light rail or high-speed rail technology?
- Define and discuss the differences between public development funds and private development funds.
- What implications would car-free cities have on the local economy and environment?
- Analyze the population troubles faced by Asian nations and how European planning models can be adapted to aid Asian countries.
- Describe the biggest concern among residential developers when it comes to building in certain locations.
- Describe the positive and negative effects that increased spaces for walking and cycling would have on economic and health factors.
- How does public transit figure into the way new cities are being developed as expansions of the larger metropolitan areas?
- What have been the most effective town planning measures towards getting high-polluting or older vehicles off the road in major cities?
- Compare two cities from different regions within a country of your choice and explain the ways each has developed to suit its particular economic needs?
- How much does local finance (bank loans and local taxes) affect what is built publically versus privately?
2017 © ProspectFineArtscom. All rights reserved. | Now you know all the secrets on dissertation writing