5 Easy Strategies To Help You Defend A Dissertation
The worst nightmare that could possibly haunt a PhD student is working on his thesis for months and months, only to have it rejected by the committee. We have seen this scenario being depicted in the media over and over, and many PhD students dread their final presentation for fear that it might come true. However, curb your fears about the committee throwing you out of the hall, and know that the defence of your dissertation is not as harrowing a task as you might think. Therefore, here are five strategies to help you prepare to defend a paper.
- Try not to panic:
- Panic makes your brain fuzzy, and will cause you to forget half the things that you were planning to blow the committee members’ minds away with.
- Try having a piece of chocolate and some water before you go up and present your paper. Do breathing exercises to calm your nerves, and think of something happy to make you feel good.
- Dress to Impress:
- Power dress on your most important day. Wear clean, crisp, formal and ironed clothes.
- One of the keys to having a successful presentation is to wear clothes that make you feel important and classy. The feeling reflects in the way you speak, and gives you confidence that you did not think you had.
- Do not be afraid of the questions:
- One of the things that students are most afraid of is the possibility of someone asking them a question they cannot answer. Rest assured that you will not encounter any such situation.
- The most the committee will ask you is clarification on a point, or elaboration of another. They might also ask you questions about your methodology.
- Have faith in what you have done:
- Just because you have to get up and justify whatever research you have done in front of a committee does not mean that your work is unimportant.
- Prepare well. Know your thesis by heart and try to frame possible questions on your own. If you project passion for your work, it will surely make you stand out.
- Do not stress about the consequences:
- Most students seem to have the notions of revolutionizing the world through their thesis. They seem to be of the opinion that their thesis will be rejected if they do not present a clearly outstanding idea.
- Realize, that whatever be the contribution, a thesis is a thesis. It is your hard work and dedication, and if you succeed in showing that to the community, it will surely be accepted.
2017 © ProspectFineArtscom. All rights reserved. | Now you know all the secrets on dissertation writing